Do you have a Ticket to Work?
Ticket to Work and CareerSource Tampa Bay will make it easier for people with disabilities to return to work. We are here to assist you with your career search.
CareerSource Tampa Bay offers the following services to beneficiaries of a Ticket to Work:
- Planning and follow up sessions with an Employment Network Navigator who is a Certified Workforce Professional
- Workshops covering basic computer skills, cover letter & resume development, interviewing & job searching
- Access to labor market and salary information and workforce training
- Access to job fairs and other hiring events
- Access to benefits planning, workplace accommodations and community resources
- These services are at NO COST to you!
CareerSource Tampa Bay has a direct impact on the workforce, business, education and economic development communities in Hillsborough County. Through various programs CareerSource Tampa Bay has assisted an average of 40,000 customers annually, including 1,500 persons with disabilities. CareerSource Tampa Bay's Disability Navigator program is nationally acclaimed, encompassing a team that utilizes their experience and partnerships to provide better access for customers and education and connection to local employers.
To view a flyer for Ticket to Work, click here.
If you are between the ages of 18-64 and currently receive SSDI and/or SSI cash benefits, contact Jenny George, Disability Program Navigator, at (813) 930-7643 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Services & Adaptive Equipment
CareerSource Tampa Bay is committed to providing services, activities and programs in fully integrated settings. Job seekers with disabilities who utilize CareerSource Tampa Bay services are considered universal customers and as such follow the same paths as other customers. Persons with disabilities who require supports, such as interpreter services or Braille materials, to equally benefit from offered services must request those supports in advance.
To proactively accommodate job seekers with disabilities within the centers, CareerSource Tampa Bay offers the following adaptive equipment within many of the CareerSource Tampa Bay centers located throughout Hillsborough County:
- Job Access With Speech (JAWS)
- Sign-Language Interpreters (with a 3-day notice)
- Magnification Software for eased computer screen reading
- Text telephones (TTY)
- Very Easy Reading Appliances to scan and read printed materials
- Literature and brochures in Braille upon request
CareerSource Tampa Bay employs Disability Program Navigators (DPN) who can assist job seekers with disabilities access services, activities and programs offered within the centers, provide information to SSI and SSDI recipients on work incentives offered by the Social Security Administration, along with other pertinent disability related information.
- Abilities of Florida
- Assistive Technology
- Caring and Sharing Center for Independent Living
- Disability Rights of Florida
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Family Network on Disabilities
- Florida Alliance for Assistive Services and Technology
- Florida Division of Blind Services
- Florida Vocational Rehabilitation
- Job Accommodation Network
- Lighthouse of Pinellas
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Resources Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- On-Line Resources for Persons with Disabilities managed by the Department of Labor
- One-Stop Tool-Kit for Persons with Disabilities
- Social Security Administration Information
- The Advocacy Center for Persons with Disabilities
- The National Collaboration on Workforce and Disability for Youth
- The National Organization on Disabilities
- Ticket to Work Program